In this episode, Jim talks to Madison about marketing her upcoming book, The Cipher of Sons. She discusses her inspiration for writing a book and why she used the pen name, Madison Gray. She dives into how she markets her book on TikTok, Instagram, and other platforms and why she chose the self-publishing platform IngramSpark.
Jim talks about the influence of Chat GPT and how it won’t replace authors and produce the same quality of books. He also chats about Kenya’s book, The Little Thoughts Inside, and how she found a publishing company after self-publishing on Amazon.
Finally, Jim talks about bootstrap marketing and how doing your own marketing is important at first when it’s a side hustle or passion project. You need to believe in yourself and put in that sweat equity to build your brand before you hire a marketing firm.
Key Moments From This Episode:
- 00:56 – Marketing in The News
- 05:23 – An introduction to Madison’s book, The Cipher of Sons
- 06:46 – Madison discusses what made her want to write a book
- 11:18 – Marketing a book before release on social media with #BookTalk
- 13:10 – ChatGPT’s impact on the writing industry
- 17:04 – Indie vs. Traditional Publishing
- 18:57 – Bootstrap Marketing
- 23:29 – An introduction to Kenya’s book, The Little Thoughts Inside
- 25:34 – Kindle Direct Publishing vs. IngramSpark
- 28:23 – The importance of doing your own marketing for a passion project
- 30:40 – Why Madison chose WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org for her author website
- Madison Gray (Website) – https://madisongraytheauthor.com
- Madison Gray (TikTok) – https://www.tiktok.com/@madisongraytheauthor
- Madison Gray (Instagram) – https://www.instagram.com/madisongraytheauthor/
- The Little Thoughts Inside (Pre-Order) – https://devorss.com/products/the-little-thoughts-inside
- The Little Thoughts Inside (Facebook) – https://www.facebook.com/thelittlethoughtsinside
- Kindle Direct Publishing – https://kdp.amazon.com
- IngramSpark – https://www.ingramspark.com
Thank you for tuning in, and don’t forget to subscribe!
Watch This Episode On YouTube: https://youtu.be/HVEZQzMnGpY